Monday 15 May 2017

Coutinho ‘happy’ with Barca link but focused on Liverpool success

Coutinho ‘happy’ with Barca link but focused on Liverpool success

Philippe Coutinho has told ESPN Brasil he is “happy to know” that Barcelona are interested in signing him but for now he is focused on helping Liverpool to qualify for the Champions League.
Coutinho, 24, took his tally for the Premier League season to 12 goals and seven assists with a fine performance in Liverpool’s 4-0 win against West Ham on Sunday. Jurgen Klopp’s side now need only to beat relegated Middlesbrough on the final day of the season to confirm a top-four finish.

And Coutinho prefers to concentrate on that than speculation of a move to link up with Brazil teammate Neymar at Barca.
“Barcelona is one of the best teams in the world, so far, nothing has come to me, because if anything comes, it comes to my manager, what I have to do is focus on the pitch,” Coutinho said.
“I have a contract with Liverpool, there are two games, there are a lot of chances for us to be in the Champions League next year.
“What I have to do is focus on football and those things are resolved by the business people.
“I’m happy to know that a great club has an interest, it’s cool, for the recognition of my work, what I have to do is keep working hard.
“Liverpool is a great club and we have to put Liverpool back in the Champions League.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot