Thursday 1 June 2017

My wife has attempted suicide four times, man tells court


A 45 - year -old carpenter , Waheed Tiamiyu , told an Igando Customary Court on Thursday that his wife has attempted suicide on four separate occasions .

He said, “My wife is always threatening to kill herself ; she has attempted suicide on four occasions . ’’

He added that his wife, Bukola , with whom he had three children , in their 13 years of marriage was in the habit of threatening to kill herself .


“She once threatened to jump down from our balcony . I dragged her back and started begging her .

“The second time was when she wanted to drink kerosene ; the third was when she came to my room with a belt tied around her neck , she climbed a chair and wanted to tie the belt to the ceiling fan .

“The fourth was when she wanted to fall into a well . I wonder what would have happened if I had not intervened by begging her not to kill herself on each of these four instances , ’’ Tiamiyu said.

The petitioner also accused his wife of infidelity.

“There is a particular man that always called my wife. He can call 20 times a day . I secretly saved the number from my wife’ s phone without her knowledge.

“Whenever I asked my wife who the guy was , she always told me that the guy was her sister ’ s boyfriend . I called her sister and she denied knowing the man or the phone number . ”

“I later investigated and I discovered that her lover is a powerful person . Please , dissolve this marriage . I am not ready to die now , ’’ he told the court .

According to him , his wife does not care for him , to the extent that she cooked his food in different pots and gave him bad food , while she eats good food .

“My wife cooks my food and her own food separately . She will put assorted meat in her pot of soup and cook a shoddy soup for me .
“She also refused to wash my clothes .

Anytime I gave her my clothes to wash , she always told me to give them to my first wife to wash , ’’ he said.

Tiamiyu said that his wife fought incessantly , claiming she would fight over unimportant issues .

In her reaction , Bukola said that she only attempted suicide twice .

“I attempted suicide because my husband wanted to send me packing and I didn ’ t want to leave my children because I love them , ’’ she said.

The mother of four said she used to give her husband good food whenever he gave her good money for food .

She said that she was not dating the man , as her husband claimed , but that he was only a friend .

Bukola , however , consented to the dissolution of the marriage , saying she too was no longer interested in it .

The president of the court , Mr . Adegboyega Omilola , ordered the couple to come along with three family members each , for alternative dispute resolution
Omilola adjourned the case until June 28 for continuation of hearing .


NAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot