Thursday 1 June 2017

Yaya Toure signs new one-year deal with Manchester City


Ivorian midfielder Yaya Toure has extended his contract with Manchester City.

Toure whose previous contract was due to expire this summer has penned a one-year extension at the Etihad.

The 34-year-old, who arrived at City from Barcelona in 2010, was frozen out of the first-team squad early in the season after a row between his agent and City boss Pep Guardiola.


He returned to the side in November and finished the season with seven goals from 31 appearances.

He has won six trophies, including two Premier League titles, with the club.

“I’m delighted. I told myself the journey at City is not done and when I received a call from Txiki and talked to the manager I was very delighted,” Toure said.

“When I was first coming here [in 2010] I was trying to be part of a new story, of something special at this club.

“I am very lucky now to be part of a great club with great players around me who are helping me to achieve my targets.

“Of course I want to win trophies, that is very important to me.

“I want to enjoy it at this age still and remaining here is a massive, massive thing. It is a great club, going in the right direction with new players who are coming in.

“Our mentality is always to win week in, week out and I’m delighted with the fans as well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot