Monday 10 July 2017

John Ruddy joins Wolves on a two-year deal

John Ruddy joins Wolves on a two-year deal

Wolves have announced the signing of free agent goalkeeper John Ruddy on a two-year deal.
The 30-year-old, who has one cap for England, arrives at Molineux after seven years with Norwich City.
Ruddy admits he had options this summer but says the prospect of working with former Porto head coach Nuno Espirito Santo convinced him to choose Wolves.

“For me now this is a new challenge,” Ruddy told the club’s official website. “There were other offers on the table but Wolves is the one which excited me the most.
“Everyone within the football world can see that they are trying to do something exciting and really progress as a club.
“The owners have been in for nearly a year and have really set their stall out with the signings they have made.
“They have shuffled around the head coaches a bit but hopefully have found a settled formula now and the signings coming in will have a positive influence on the squad going forward.
“I see this as the second chapter of my career now. I could have maybe waited on a few Premier League clubs to see what they were doing regarding their goalkeepers. But the guarantee here of really battling to play is important.
“Being 30 years old, and feeling in the best shape I have been in for a long while, I am determined that Wolves will get the best out of me that I feel I can give them.
“With the changes happening in the club at the moment, the players that are coming in and the manager’s vision for it, it suits me down to the ground.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot