Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Multiple Explosion rocks Maiduguri, 11 persons killed


At least 11 persons were killed in multiple bomb explosions on Tuesday night in Maiduguri. First and second explosions occurred at about 9.45 p.m. at Mulaikalmari, some six kms away from Maiduguri.

Eight persons, including the suicide bombers were reportedly killed in the attack.


Three persons were also killed and five others wounded in the third and fourth explosions, which occurred about 20 minutes later at Polo-Sabon Gari area of Maiduguri, according to the source, who said he helped in the evacuation of the victims from the scenes of the explosion.

"All the attacks occurred in the outskirts of the metropolis. “It is a foiled attempt by Boko Haram insurgents to infiltrate the town."

The source added that security teams had been drafted to the affected areas to ascertain the situation.

He disclosed those wounded referred to Special Hospital, Maiduguri for medical attention.

However, the Chairman of the State Emergency Management Agency, Alhaji Satomi Ahmed, who confirmed the attacks, said his officials have been mobilised to the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment