Friday 22 September 2017

I want to retire at Real Madrid -Benzema


France international, Karim Benzema has expressed his intentions of ending his career at Real Madrid after extending his contract at the club until 2021.
.
The 29-year-old joined the Spanish champions in a €35m deal from Olympique Lyonnais in 2009 and his current deal at the club was set to expire in June 2019.

.
The striker, who is currently suffering from a hamstring injury, has scored 181 goals in 371 appearances since joining Madrid, and now has a deal which will run until he is over 33years of age.
.
“I’m delighted to prolong my stay at the world’s best club,” Benzema was quoted as saying by Real’s official website.
.
“I want to retire here because no other club compares to here and this will be the last club of my career, I believe.
.
“I’m very proud of what I have achieved here but I must focus on the future and trying to win more titles.
.
“My job is more than just scoring goals – you have to be involved in team play, linking-up with teammates, creating chances, working spaces and here the scrutiny and demands are higher than anywhere.
.
“There is always a lot of criticism when you are at Real Madrid, but this is normal and the expectations drive you on.”
.
Benzema has won 14 trophies at Real, including three Champions League titles and La Liga twice.

Get more stories like this on Twitter & Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot