Monday 18 September 2017

PSG’s Neymar, Cavani told to sort out penalty problems

PSG’s Neymar, Cavani told to sort out penalty problems

Paris Saint-Germain head coach Unai Emery told Neymar and Edinson Cavani to sort out their issues after they squabbled over a penalty and a free-kick on Sunday.

Big-spending PSG continued their perfect start to the Ligue 1 season as they beat Lyon 2-0 thanks to a couple of own goals.


However, one of the big talking points from the match was the apparent tension between Cavani and the world’s most expensive player, Neymar.

Cavani won an argument to take a penalty, only to then miss it, while Dani Alves got involved in a disagreement over a free-kick and gave the ball to his fellow Brazilian Neymar.

“I have told them to sort it out between themselves,” said Emery “The penalties are to be struck by a few players, one is Cavani and the other is Neymar.

“It takes a gentleman’s agreement on the pitch to take the penalties. Afterwards, we will arrange internally for the penalties, because I think both are able to score them, and I want the two to alternate in this exercise.

“If there is no agreement, I will decide. I do not want it to be a problem for us.”

Kylian Mbappe made his home debut for his new side and played a part in the second goal as Lyon suffered their first defeat of the season.

“It was a great debut,” Mbappe told Canal+. “It was a complicated match, a good game against a good side.

“Together, we can do beautiful things. We proved ourselves here. I am enjoying myself. I am also learning a lot. I am going to develop plenty and I have a lot of work to do here. I will progress well alongside these players and staff.

“The club has placed its confidence in me. I am trying, little by little, to repay their faith.

“It is a great group of players. I was a little apprehensive because it is a star-studded squad. However, the chemistry is strong here. There are many Brazilians – this helps the good mood!”

Get more stories like this on Twitter & Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot