Thursday 5 October 2017

Professor reveals why she has refused life-changing surgery to remove a large tumour on her face


 A Brazilian professor has refused life-changing surgery to remove a large tumour on her face.

Luciana Kele Dorini was born with a tiny birthmark on her right cheek that has swollen over the years, developing into a rare tumour.

Her condition is known as arteriovenous malformation (AVM) - a tangle of blood vessels under the skin causing disfigurement.


The 37-year-old has been offered a number of surgical procedures to remove the tumour altogether, but has declined them,Daily Mail reports.
She has already had 19 operations to control the potentially life-threatening bleeding she suffers and says she does not want to have any more due to the risks.


Luciana, who works as an economics tutor, said:
'My fear is putting my life at risk in an operating theatre and having to suffer all over again.
'I think I have already suffered as a result of necessary surgeries.
'Looking different doesn't stop me from doing anything. Of course I won't stop thinking about the possibility of having surgery to reduce the volume, but for now, no.
'I want to carry on the way I am.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot