Monday 30 October 2017

Rose McGowan claims Harvey Weinstein recently offered her $1million to keep silent about rape allegations


Actress Rose McGowan, 44, who was allegedly raped by Harvey Weinstein at the Sudance Film Festival in 1997, said that someone close to the scandal-hit producer had made the offer in exchange for her signing a nondisclosure agreement. 

According to Daily Mail,the Charmed actress, who starred in the Weinstein's movie Scream, says she countered with her own offer of $6 million.

 'I had all these people I'm paying telling me to take it so that I could fund my art,' said McGowan. 

But she said she began to have second thoughts about the agreement and eventually withdrew her counteroffer.

'I figured I could probably have gotten him up to three. But I was like — ew, gross, you're disgusting, I don't want your money, that would make me feel disgusting,' said McGowan.
In 1997, she actress reached a $100,000 settlement with Weinstein but says she only learned this summer that the agreement never included a confidentiality clause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot