Thursday 2 November 2017

The Day I Wept For My Son – Actor Jim Iyke Shares Interesting Story


​Lately, Jim Iykehas been in the news, as the Nollywood actor is set to commence a new reality programme, the ‘Adventurer.’

But, according to him, the hardest thing he has faced in life is being a father and having to be there always for his son.

He told Goldmyne TV, “Fatherhood is probably one of the toughest challenges in my life. Remember I don’t have a mother again.

Traditionally, in Africa, mothers take care of the baby for the first few months. They call it ‘omugo’ in the Igbo land. Since my mother wasn’t around to support me, it was just my ex-girlfriend and I. We had to go through the whole process of learning how to do many things. Do you know what it means to Google how to change diapers? Google was like my friend; it was the greatest invention of my life.”

He opened up that there was a particular night his son cried all through and he couldn’t hold back his tears.

He stated, “I started crying too. I couldn’t take the mental torture of seeing someone I love so much crying. I didn’t know what the problem was. He cried all through the night. When I called my doctor, he told me that it was normal for a baby to cry that way. According to the doctor, since they cannot talk to us about their distress, they cry.
“I hired two nannies, but it didn’t work out well. The nanny didn’t last more than two weeks before I fired her. So, I made up my mind to sacrifice my time for my son.

“I felt she was pushing away the actual experience I wanted for myself. My nanny was there to take care of things I wanted to experience like changing diapers, carrying my baby, feeding him and taking him for walks. I would also have time to go back to work, which I didn’t want to. I knew once I headed back to work, the process would continue.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot