Monday 5 February 2018

Chelsea's New Striker, Olivier Giroud Not Happy With Aubameyang's Signing At Arsenal


Chelsea forward, Olivier Giroud admits he was disappointed by Arsene Wenger‘s desire to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and says the decision was the catalyst behind his move to Chelsea.

Arsenal broke their club record to sign the Gabon international in a £56 million deal from Borussia Dortmund, which then paved the way for Giroud to join the Premier League champions for £18m.


Giroud has acknowledged that Aubameyang’s arrival would have reduced his playing time even more if he stayed at Arsenal and admits he is unhappy with the events that led to his exit.

"The fact is that the coach wanted to recruit a new striker and with Aubameyang’s signing at Arsenal, there were three top strikers, and that’s why I decided to leave," the 31-year-old said in an interview with Telefoot.

"There was a bit of disappointment, even though I spent five wonderful years there.

"I could have stayed, but I needed a solution to get back in. I wanted to stay in the Premier League and Chelsea was a great opportunity for me."

Giroud also revealed that he was encouraged to leave Arsenal by France boss Didier Deschamps ahead of this summer’s World Cup.

‘I spoke with Deschamps,’ said Giroud.

‘He didn’t tell me to move to Chelsea, but he did tell me to move clubs. Dortmund were interested in me, but for a loan, there was Sevilla, too.

‘And at one point my agent received a call from Roma.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot