Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Immigration Recruitment: Fresh Facts Indict Minister, Drexel Nig Ltd


Fresh facts emerging from the national tragedy that took place last week-end suggests that the minister of Interior, Abba Moro, Drexel Nigeria Limited are the culprits in the
stampede that took the lives of about 20 Job seekers at the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) recruiting exercise across the nation.


Per Second News gathered that the Minister of Interior, Abba Moro concluded the recruitment contract with Drexel Nigeria Limited long time ago before the appointment and confirmation of the incumbent Comptroller-General of Immigration, an inside government source has revealed.
He alleged that the minister had signaled interest for governorship position and needed resources for that purpose badly.

The highly competent source who preferred anonymity, said that the Comptroller General had on assumption of duty queried the rationale that surrounded the outsourced exercise to a private company, Drexel Nigeria Limited, believed to belong to the family of the nation’s number three citizen.

Investigations carried out by Per Second News indicate that the process of selecting Drexel Nigeria Limited to recruit on behalf of the Nigerian Immigration Service is embroiled in allegations of fraud and lack of transparency.
According to the source, the Immigration boss was shouted down and warned not to get involved as the process for the recruitment began and concluded before his appointment and confirmation.

He further revealed that the CG also complained why the senior and junior cadre recruitment exercise was stated on the same day and venue but that the powers behind the arrangement provided no answer.

The source added that as a result of the shoddy arrangement by the private firm, managers of all venues stated for the exercise was not paid until the Comptroller – General started to receive reports that up till 6.am, the day of exercise the venues remained locked, making it difficult for applicants who had reported early to gain entrance into the venues.
The source also said that immediately the CG got the reports and in an attempt to save the nation from the impending embarrassment, pleaded that the venues be opened with an undertaken that the issue of nonpayment would be sorted out.

According to a Nigerian Labour Congress, (NLC) official, “This is another Employment scam, this is a new form of advanced fee fraud”. ‘What are they charging N1, 000 for? It is only unscrupulous persons posing as recruiters requires job seekers to pay them money in advance”.
Usman Audu, one of the job seekers lucky to still be alive said that, ‘Our money is gone with the wind, most of us believe we were conned and left to mourn our losses, some unfortunately their lives”.

Source

247news

No comments:

Post a comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot