Friday 2 June 2017

I caught my wife cutting another man’s nail, man tells court


A 45 -year -old beer parlour operator , Mrs Kudirat Sodiq, on Friday told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos that her husband always bites her whenever they quarrel .
She said that , Wahabi , her husband of 23 years , was also threatening her life .


“My husband left scars on my body as he always bites me whenever we fight .

“My husband will not leave me until he sees blood coming out from the wound , I have scars all over my body as proof of his abuse . ”

The petitioner said that apart from the bites , her husband was also threatening her life .

“Wahabi is always threatening to kill me by suffocating me to death with a pillow .

“Because of his threat , I ran away from the house I built and relocated just to save my life .

“Last month , he came to my shop , saying that he will kill me , he smashed a beer bottle on the ground and wanted to stab me on my neck .

“I used my hand to dodge it and the bottle cut me on my right hand , blood was gushing out but for the quick intervention of neighbours who rushed me to the hospital, I could have died . ”

The mother of four presented as exhibit recording of her husband ’ s alleged threat , and the picture of her injured hand .

The woman also accused Wahabi of attempting to appropriate her house .

“My husband wanted to sell my house , he approached land grabbers asking for the original document of my house .

“The people called me to know if I was the one that sent my husband to come for the document .

“My husband drinks to stupor and smokes Indian hemp , after which he usually loses self -control . ”

She begged the court to dissolve the union , saying she was no longer in love with her husband .

“I live every minute of my life in fear. Save me from the cruel hands of my husband , I have suffered so much in silence . ”
Wahabi, on the other hand , said that his wife was adulterous and having extra marital affairs.

“I caught my wife inside her shop with a man cutting his nail , immediately I entered the man quickly stood up and left, ” he said.
The 47 - year - old transporter said that he has stopped smoking weeds and drinking alcoholic for some weeks .

The respondent said that he never threatened to kill his wife but that he stabbed her by mistake .

He made a fervent plea to the court not to dissolve the marriage , claiming that he was still in love with his wife .

The president of the court , Mr Adegboyega Omilola adjourned the case till July 25 , for judgment .

( NAN )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot