Saturday 26 August 2017

How I escaped being shot on my birthday –Angela Okorie


Just last week, Nollywood actress, Angela Okorie, turned a year older revealed he was almost shot on her birthday.

In a chat with Saturday Beats, the actress said she was accosted by men of the underworld after her charity event to celebrate her birthday.


She said,

“I am grateful to God for life. I am a humanitarian and I am always happy whenever I give back to the society. That was why I celebrated my birthday with the underprivileged.”
“My brother was driving and since the road was rough, he had to slow down because of a pothole. 

All of a sudden, he just told me to bend my head in the car because I was not concentrating. By the time I would realise what was happening, some armed robbers had double crossed us and they alighted from their cars with guns. They approached our car and cocked their guns, ready to shoot. They almost shot us but before we knew it, some officers of the Nigerian Customs Service showed up from nowhere. They intervened and immediately, my brother seized the opportunity to zoom off. That was how we were saved.

“I believe it was God that sent those Customs guys to us because they were not on the road and they came out from nowhere. When I saw the robbers, I was scared but I had faith in God. I wonder what would have happened if God was not on my side.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot