Saturday 4 November 2017

David Moyes interested in return to Everton


David Moyes says he would accept the vacant managerial job at Everton if offered the role, and believes he has become a “better all-round manager” since his last spell in charge of the Toffees.

Everton have been without a permanent manager since sacking Ronald Koeman last month and caretaker-manager David Unsworth is yet to pick up a victory since taking over from the Dutchman.


The Toffees are currently second bottom of the Premier League ahead of Watford’s trip to Goodison Park on Sunday.

Moyes enjoyed 11 successful years in charge of Everton before leaving to join Manchester United ahead of the 2013-14 season and the Scotsman admits he would be interested in returning to his former club role, although he admitted he has potential options elsewhere.

“Of course it would have to be yes, but I’ve got other things ongoing and it might not be too long before I’m back in work,” Moyes told beIN SPORTS.

“If the job came up I would be interested, but I’ve got other interests as well.

“Bill [Kenwright] is one of the best chairmen so anyone who does get the job will be working with a really good chairman who’s incredibly supportive.

“I had 11 great years there – I loved it. Sometimes going back isn’t always the answer but Jose Mourinho went back to Chelsea and won the league, and now Jupp Heynckes is back at Bayern Munich.

“I’m a better coach and better all-round manager. I think in football you have to go through difficulties.”

Moyes admits he expected Everton to be competing in the top half of the Premier League table after signing the likes of Wayne Rooney, Michael Keane and Gylfi Sigurdsson last summer.

“I’m amazed because I had them down to be top six,” said Moyes.

“I think they’ve bought good players, but I’m not sure if they’ve bought all the right pieces and I don’t expect them to be where they are right now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot