Saturday 4 November 2017

Female Police Sergeant in trouble for child trafficking in Onitsha


A woman Police Officer known as Sergeant Ogochukwu Okebu attached to Awada Police Division in Idemili North Council Area of Anambra state is currently undergoing interrogation over her alleged involvement in child stealing cum trafficking.

Investigation has it that the woman police with Force No. 031772  had on the first week of last October, sighted an emergency pregnant young girl with name Chiamaka Owene at the notorious Upper Iweka,  looking rugged and as the girl was crying for help,  Sergeant Ogochukwu Okebu alleged by approached  the girl with pretence of assisting her only for her to conner the emergency mother and took her to a suspected child trafficking center in Okpoko, Ogbaru Local Government Area of the state.


Narrating her ordeal in the hands of the accused woman police Sergeant, Miss Chiamaka Owene who is also a mother of a kid, hailed from Ehime village in Isiala Mbano Local Government Imo state said she was brought to Anambra by a certain woman from her village alongside with another pregnant single girl and where kept in a compound within Chief Onwa Mendu Road, Ogidi, Idemili North Local Government Area of the state, adding that she was tempted to come to Upper Iweka when she felt hungry and in lack of toiletries.

“When the woman who brought us here (Anambra State) abandoned us in the hands of one Dr Tobechukwu who works with New Mayor Hospital Afor Nkpor junction was nowhere to be found, we were left at the mercies of begging for arms for us to eat and take care of some of our important needs”, she narrated.
Chiamaka who spoke to Nigerian Tribune Correspondent on her hospital bed at Awada Obosi, debunked ever planned to dispose yet her unborn baby as she said;

“In the home where we were kept at Ogidi,  we were two pregnant girls but the women who brought us never approached me to discourse about selling my unborn baby to her or any other person, I only left there to go out and beg for arms to quench my thirst only for me to enter one chance vehicle through coming in contact with Sergeant Ogochukwu Okebu.

“I met the policewoman in her duty post and she was the one that approach me first asking if I am married. When I told her my predicaments, the police woman acted as my helper and promised to assist me out of my predicaments”, she further stated.

“As she drove me in her car to People’s Hospital and Maternity Okpoko and kept showing me kindness and mercy on our way but when we entered the hospital, her countenances changed as she plainly told me that she was out for the business of trafficking my unborn baby. Her approach this time shocked me and when I told her that I have no plan to sell my baby, she threatened to deal with me if I should dear turn down her offer”, the young girl narrated.

Alleging that Sergeant Ogochukwu Okebu had promised to pay her One Hundred and Fifty Thousand (150, 000. 00) Naira after delivery, the girl who was demonstrating serious pains while narrating her ordeals to newsmen in the hospital, said that one of the nurses at the hospital they were had whispered to her to be wise and never allow the child traffickers to confuse her and  get her baby sold after delivery.

It was learnt that the woman sergeant had kept Miss Owene in the said hospital but the whole epistle changed when the medical doctor in charge of the hospital came back at the odd hours of the day.

“When the medical doctor whom I later knew his name as Dr Ndubuisi came back, he became overwhelmed on seeing me and when he called me to see him, he plainly told me that he was going to be giving me N3, 000 weekly till the day I will deliver and at the end of the day, I will be given N180, 000 if my baby is a boy and N150, 000 if the baby is a girl”, she alleged.

Having noticed that the action of the proprietor of People’s Hospital and Maternity, Okpoko was to hijack her illicit business, the woman police sergeant went back, forced the pregnant girl out from the hospital and took her to Awada Police Station where she allegedly forced and intimidated her to write and signed an undertaken that she will sell the baby after delivery.

Meanwhile the Ill-fate of the police woman was bursted when all attempt for her to allow her victim go proved abortive as some other policemen who were close as at the time Sergeant Okebu was trying to intimidate the innocent girl alerted the Divisional Police Officer(DPO), CSP Babalola who ordered for the arrest of the woman police officer.

When contacted, the Divisional Police Officer, Mr. Babalola confirmed that arrest of the accused child trafficker police woman, stating that he is not in position to brief newsmen on the matter even as he declined further comment.

In further contact to Police Public Relation Officer, PPRO, CSP Nkeiru proved abortive as her line was switched off at the time of filing this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot