Sunday 9 March 2014

Obesere rape scandal: Victim’s friend speaks up

                                         Obesere

Contrary to the rape claim by a 29-year-old business woman, Miss Olanike Olaiya, against fuji artiste, Obesere, a woman, Bola Okoro, claiming to have introduced the duo has finally cleared the air by defending Obesere and revealing that Olaiya cooked up the ‘rape claim’.



Mrs Okoro disclosed this in a press conference with journalists on Friday in Ibadan, Oyo State.
“I have been responsible for the upkeep of Olaiya and her daughter, Folawe, for more than five years. Olaiya had earlier revealed to me, a plan to blackmail Obesere for N10 million, but I warned her not to try such a thing and I thought she had taken to my advice.

According to Okoro, Olanike Olaiya was not the accuser’s real name but Morenike Kikelomo and “she had been abandoned by her parents because of her waywardness” before she took up her responsibility.

Narrating how it all began, Okoro said “Obesere is my business partner and I introduced Olanike to him in order for him to help her with her business without knowing that she had another plan to malign him. She was with Obesere on Tuesday and called me that she would be coming to Ibadan to check on her child on Wednesday, but I told her to wait; that I was also coming to Lagos for a meeting, and she came to meet me at that meeting.

“I was not aware that anything was wrong with her until we got to Ibadan, but I was surprised when Obesere called me that Olanike said she was bleeding that I should take her to the hospital,” Okoro said.

“When I inquired about what was wrong, she told me that if I needed money, I should support her plan to collect N10 million from Obesere, but I refused. I told her that I would never be part of that plan before she proceeded to Lagos and reported the alleged abuse at Okota Police Station,” she added.

“I have known Alhaji Obesere for over 12 years and he is a responsible, kind-hearted individual who cannot hurt a fly. I wonder why he would stoop so low as to rape or use a girl for ritual when so many girls are out there who want to have him,” Okoro concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot