Thursday 16 March 2017

Mother and Son Transitions to Become Father and Daughter


Corey Maison socially transitioned from boy to girl at the age of 14 in the past few years and her mum, a mother of 5, followed suit, stating that Corey gave her the courage to begin her own transition from female to male.

The teen who is now 15 years old has registered their transitions on her Instagram account, and the two sat down for an interview with Australia’s “60 Minutes” to talk about the experience.

“I wanted to make my parents proud of who I am, but I thought that they would not like me,” Corey said about coming out as transgender.



Her mum Erica Maison, now known as Eric Maison after transitioning to a man, said that he was emboldened by his daughter’s decision to be her true self. He wrestled with different emotions while deciding whether to transition or not.


Eric said: “The first feeling was relief, the second was terror,” he said. “Fear for what my future would hold, fear for how my family and children would say, and fear for what the rest of my life was going to look like.”
Eric Maison has since undergone a double mastectomy. He said he plans to stay together with his husband, Les, who is totally in support of his wife transitioning to become a man like him.
Eric’s husband, Les Maison said:
“I fell in love with the person. She was beautiful as a woman, but equally beautiful on the inside,”  “As long as Eric is happy with the appearance, Eric will be happy with what’s in her brain – or his brain.”
Eric who was a mother of five, now a dad of five (looks like there are” two dads” in the house) said he regrets not coming to terms with his gender identity earlier.
Eric Maison said:
“The only regret I have is not being educated sooner about what transgenderism was, so I could do it sooner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot